OHHHHHHVER NIGHT OATS...CANIGETAHELLYEAH.
Oats definitely give me a sustained energy release for the best half of the day. I love to change up the flavours of overnight soaked oats, adding a scoop of my favourite vegan protein + some spices for extra flavour. Personally, these are perfect post workout, or when you know you will be short on time in the morning but don’t want to compromise your nutrition.
So I have given you guys 2 variations to overnight oats. Both from my SWEET ebook that I am so stoked to have created!
One very simple recipe... and one with more ingredients, so a little more fancy but definitely still simple. They are so tasty, simple to prepare anywhere you are and so nourishing.
I hope you enjoy!
GOLDEN LATTE SPICED OATS
Makes: 2 servings | Prep: 5 mins | Total: 5 MINS (soak for min 4 hours)
2 CUPS COCONUT MILK (OR A NUT BASED MILK TO ENSURE IT CONTAINS THE FAT CONTENT)
1 CUP GF ROLLED OATS
1 1/2 TSP TURMERIC (GOLDEN GRIND BLEND)
1 TSP CINNAMON
1/2 TSP GROUND NUTMEG
1 TBL SPOON CHIA SEEDS (OPTIONAL)
1 TBL SPOON NATURAL VANILLA
2 TBLS PROTEIN POWDER (I LOVE BULK POWDERS VEGAN COCONUT WHITE CHOCOLATE FLAVOUR!)
1 GRATED APPLE (PEELED) OR 1 MASHED BANANA
POACHED PEARS (TOPPING)
2 PEARS (PEELED)
SPLASH OF VANILLA EXTRACT
6 GREEN CARDAMOM PODS
1 TSP GOLDEN GRIND TURMERIC BLEND
TOPPINGS: COCONUT YOGHURT, COCONUT CHIPS + POACHED PEARS (OPTIONAL)
1. To a small bowl, add nut milk, chia seeds, + all spices.
Stir with a whisk to combine.
2. Add oats + stir a few more times until well combined.
Transfer all the mixture to container, with a spoon press down to ensure all oats have been moistened + are immersed in nut milk. Don’t over mix.
3. Cover securely with a lid or plastic wrap + set in the refrigerator overnight (or min. 4 hours).
4. The next day, garnish with desired toppings + enjoy!
PINK 'ABC' SUPER OATS
Makes: 2 servings | Prep: 5 mins | Total: 5 MINS (soak for min 4 hours
1 1/2 CUPS HEMP MILK (CAN SUB WITH COCONUT WATER TOO)
1 CUP GF ROLLED JUMBO OATS
2 TSP CINNAMON
1 TSP GROUND NUTMEG
1 TBLS BEETROOT POWDER
1 TBLS CHIA SEEDS
1 TBLS NATURAL VANILLA EXTRACT
1 GRATED APPLE
1 GRATED CARROT (PEELED)
2 TBLS GOJI BERRIES (OPTIONAL)
1 SCOOP VEGAN PROTEIN (I LOVE ‘BULK POWDERS’ COCONUT WHITE CHOCOLATE FLAVOUR- OPTIONAL)
TOPPINGS: COCONUT YOGHURT, SLICED APPLE, PLUS ANYTHING CRUNCHY LIKE COCONUT CHIPS + CACAO NIBS
1. To a mixing bowl add all your dry ingredients; oats, chia seeds, beetroot powder, spices + protein powder (optional)
2. Grate apple, carrot + add to liquid along with oats + MIX well to combine.
3. Then press down with a spoon to ensure all oats have been moistened + are immersed in nut milk. Don’t over mix. Cover securely with a lid or plastic wrap + set in the refrigerator overnight (or min 4 hours).
4. Enjoy with your desired garnishes + desired toppings!
I love adding probiotic coconut yoghurt + slices apple as well as some cacao nibs + almond butter.Oats have been used as a staple in our diets for centuries. We generally have a sense of calmness + nourishment, when you think about a big bowl of oats in the morning.
THANKS FOR READING GUYS! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK + FEEL FREE TO REPOST + TAG US @J.NOURISH ON THE SOCIALS. MUCH LOVE X